]

On September 14, 2010, I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Megakaryocytic or AML M7. My prognosis is that I will make a full recovery with no long term side effects. I am so grateful for family, friends and angels that are surrounding me each and every day of this process. I love all of you! I hope you find my posts interesting as I share a little piece of me and some insights along this life changing journey.


Jessie - Age 2

Yeah - I'm pretty special!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Third Session 1/3 complete - December 2010

I came back into the hospital the Friday after Thanksgiving and started my third round of chemo. I was not happy about spending time in bed because I was feeling really good and wanted to play! My mom decided to let me down on the floor of my room and followed me around with my IV pole. We have named it George. This was awesome for me except that I wanted to go in and around everything. My IV tubes kept getting in my way so I decided to pull on them really hard and then I heard a "SNAP". Mom immediately freaked out because I had completely snapped the tubing of my central line and my chemo medication started dripping on the floor. My central line goes right into the arteries and into my heart so I started bleeding through the tube. The nurses came running and we clamped my line. I thought it was really funny until I realized that meant that they would have to repair my line and change the dressing. I do NOT like being held down! After the tube repair was done, I waited for four hours to let the glue dry and then we started my medication again. This put me a little behind and my Mom decided to put me in a crib so I couldn't get out. I was little bummed about that but she wasn't taking any more chances. She freakes out soooo easily. My Dad is much more calm about these things. After all, this is the third time I've broken my line but the first time I've snapped it right in two! He put me back in a bed as soon as he came up to be with me. I finished my chemo on Tuesday and am now in count recovery. I just have to wait until my blood counts go to zero and then start to recover. This will take another two weeks. I am expecting to come home the week of Christmas and that makes everyone really happy! I am doing so much better with this round than my last one. I am nauseated but the nurses are giving me Benedryl and Zofran to help me. The best part about being done with chemo is that I get to run around my room without being attached to George. My new favorite thing is to stand in the window and make blow fish faces on the glass. You gotta try it - it is pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Yep...my parents love me!!

Me and my Daddy

just precious!!

It's okay to bite on this, right??!!

Jessie with her cousin Kyson, playing Doctor :)