]

On September 14, 2010, I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Megakaryocytic or AML M7. My prognosis is that I will make a full recovery with no long term side effects. I am so grateful for family, friends and angels that are surrounding me each and every day of this process. I love all of you! I hope you find my posts interesting as I share a little piece of me and some insights along this life changing journey.


Jessie - Age 2

Yeah - I'm pretty special!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving - Start of Round Three

My third session of chemotherapy was expected to start the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. That sounds a little odd - but if I came in then I would for sure be able to be home for Christmas. That was especially important to my family that I get to be home during the holiday. I was scheduled for a lumbar puncture on Wednesday but because I had some white blood cell blasts showing in my blood, my doctors decided to do a bone marrow aspirate as well. It is a very small world - Melisa Pitt's brother was my anesthesiologist and he did a great job! I spent some time in the oncology clinic after my procedure. There were a lot of sick little kids in the clinic and I have to say... I know that my cancer isn't fun but there are much worse cancers that affect little kids. These kids were very brave and I hope they all get better. The little girl next to me was an inspiration to everyone. She had gone through some really intensive rounds and the doctors had removed one of her legs. She was looking forward to getting her new leg and was excitedly telling the nurse how she was so strong that she didn't need the walker - she just hopped everywhere. Mom cried listening to her. What a brave little girl. You definately made an impact on our hearts. I did what I could to cheer everyone up by walking around and playing peek a boo and dancing. After a few hours, the doctors moved me to my room in ICS. We were all settled in and I had just started playing when my doctors told me that my tests wouldn't be ready until Friday. They decided to send me home to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I was sooo excited! Mom packed everything back up in a flash and we were home before I knew it. I was well enough to go over to Grandpa and Grandma Reynolds' house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was really wonderful. I spilled my Mom's water all over Grandma and I thought that was pretty funny and my Grandma is awesome! I really love her. She is the best to snuggle with. My family went to the movies after dinner but I got to stay home with Grandpa and Grandma and take a nap. It was an awesome day! I have so much to be thankful for and I realize how precious time spent with family and friends is these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Yep...my parents love me!!

Me and my Daddy

just precious!!

It's okay to bite on this, right??!!

Jessie with her cousin Kyson, playing Doctor :)