]

On September 14, 2010, I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Megakaryocytic or AML M7. My prognosis is that I will make a full recovery with no long term side effects. I am so grateful for family, friends and angels that are surrounding me each and every day of this process. I love all of you! I hope you find my posts interesting as I share a little piece of me and some insights along this life changing journey.


Jessie - Age 2

Yeah - I'm pretty special!

Monday, November 1, 2010




My first chemo session (September 2010):

I handled my first session really well!! I had to stay in my hospital bed for four days and that was hard because I am super active!!! I had a lot of visitors that came to see me and new toys to play with so it kept me occupied. My parents were very grateful!!! I was given anti nausea medications that worked great. I even gained a pound in the hospital if you can believe it! I wasn't too sick and I didn't loose any of my hair. I was a trooper through it all!! A week after my first chemo session, I had a bone marrow biopsy to test the level of leukemia cells left in the marrow. The results took five days to get back! My Mom was about to "have some serious words" about that wait and got kind of cranky with all the medical staff but the test finally came back and it was AWESOME news! I had no visible leukemia cells in my marrow which meant that the chemo was working and I could expect a complete recovery with no long term side effects!! My parents were overjoyed!! My Mom sobbed for a few hours and everyone was so excited that I was going to be okay. My sisters were very grateful to hear that I'd be around for a long time...

Some of my favorite memories of my stay...
My most favorite was the music therapy sessions. The therapists came to my room and let me play with a guitar and small rice shakers that I LOVED! The Harley Davidson reps came to say hi and brought me a play phone. My Dad and I play Bingo every Wednesday and I have won some really cool prizes. I think I rock at this Bingo thing! All in all, my spirits were high and I was the same happy baby girl I always am... My parents think that is because of all the prayers offered on my behalf. I had a lot of people put my name in the temple and I know that all those prayers were answered!! I have angels surrounding me and even took a moment to talk and wave at those that visited me in the early days of my treatment. My mom doesn't know who was there but those were some very special moments shared with people who love me very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Yep...my parents love me!!

Me and my Daddy

just precious!!

It's okay to bite on this, right??!!

Jessie with her cousin Kyson, playing Doctor :)