]

On September 14, 2010, I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Megakaryocytic or AML M7. My prognosis is that I will make a full recovery with no long term side effects. I am so grateful for family, friends and angels that are surrounding me each and every day of this process. I love all of you! I hope you find my posts interesting as I share a little piece of me and some insights along this life changing journey.


Jessie - Age 2

Yeah - I'm pretty special!

Monday, November 1, 2010




My second session (October 2010):

I was soooo happy to have been able to go home for a little while!! My parents got a big surprise when they found out that this session was administered in two separate appointments. That meant I came into the hospital for two days for chemo and got released for four "surprise" days at home. I came back into the hospital to start the second half of the chemo and will stay for the three ish week regime. This round hasn't been so happy for me. It is the most intensive of the six rounds and I am feeling it! I have been nauseated and having some diaper issues... cough, cough. It has been a little rough. I celebrated my birthday while I was here and turned TWO! I had a very small celebration and opened some great presents. It was fun and sad at the same time. My family came to celebrate and my Aunt Chelle and Uncle Jason with my cousins. I couldn't really have many visitors. The hospital staff made me a huge Happy Birthday sign and sang to me. I signed "again" and clapped for them - they are awesome! Halloween was a fun day! I still have to stay in my room but I got to watch the Halloween party on TV and dance to the music. My Dad helped me put together special Halloween bags for the other patients and I got some great goodies in return. No one wanted me to miss out on Halloween - so the hospital brought me some costumes to wear. I picked a princess fairy and was the cutest fairy EVER! I am starting to loose my hair - not too much but it is getting thinner... mom is hoping that it comes in thicker than before!!! We'll have to see! I am still trying to feel better so I can come home but it will be a couple more weeks. Thank you everyone for the prayers and thoughts!! I need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Yep...my parents love me!!

Me and my Daddy

just precious!!

It's okay to bite on this, right??!!

Jessie with her cousin Kyson, playing Doctor :)