]

On September 14, 2010, I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Megakaryocytic or AML M7. My prognosis is that I will make a full recovery with no long term side effects. I am so grateful for family, friends and angels that are surrounding me each and every day of this process. I love all of you! I hope you find my posts interesting as I share a little piece of me and some insights along this life changing journey.


Jessie - Age 2

Yeah - I'm pretty special!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Second Session - mid way through (November 2010)

I am half way through my second session and feeling much better. I was taken off my anti nausea meds earlier this week and am having to spend a lot less time in bed. That makes me happy!! I have a lot of toys in my room to play with and I love to play hide and seek. I hide and pop up and yell "BOO" with everyone that comes into my room. I am teaching all my nurses sign language and they are coming along pretty well... :) I am still getting blood transfusions because my cell counts haven't recovered. My parents found out that it will take longer for my counts to recover on this session so I don't get to go home in between this session and my next one. That was disappointing news but my therapy is working very well - so we can't complain. At least not too much... So far, I haven't had any serious infections that have gotten me off schedule. I had a great week - my Aunt Jane and my cousin Casey came up to play with me and I had a great time!!! My Aunt Chelle and cousin Aubrey also came to play with me and brought me an awesome book about kitties. I am hoping that things continue to go well with me!!! Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I love you my Little Jessie, and you are always in my Heart and Thoughts and most of all in my Prayers. I hope you will feel this Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best to you, Jessie and your amazing family. I'm so glad that your bone marrow is clean, and that you won't have any long-term effects from the chemo. What chemotherapy drugs or regimen are you on? So many questions for someone so young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina and Trisha - thank you both for your comments!!! I updated my treatment plan with the chemo drugs I am being given if you look at the end of that post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the plan. It's interesting to compare notes. Each experience with cancer is so unique--even if you are the same person with the same diagnosis you had previously.

    ReplyDelete


Yep...my parents love me!!

Me and my Daddy

just precious!!

It's okay to bite on this, right??!!

Jessie with her cousin Kyson, playing Doctor :)