]

On September 14, 2010, I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Megakaryocytic or AML M7. My prognosis is that I will make a full recovery with no long term side effects. I am so grateful for family, friends and angels that are surrounding me each and every day of this process. I love all of you! I hope you find my posts interesting as I share a little piece of me and some insights along this life changing journey.


Jessie - Age 2

Yeah - I'm pretty special!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Second Session - COMPLETE (November 2010)

This past week has been a good one for me. I have been feeling better and I had a few great surprises. My grandparents came to stay with me. I really love them!! Grandma spent Tuesday with me and then Grandpa came and spent Thursday with me. I had a lot of fun. Over this past weekend, Alyssa decided that she didn't want to leave Mom and ended up staying the night on Saturday. I guess the hospital wasn't very happy about that but I sure enjoyed it! I got great news on Sunday - my doctors told me that I was being released. What a surprise! We thought I would continue right into my third session. Blessings come in the strangest form sometimes... My doctor said that my counts weren't quite high enough so I had to go home with one extra antibiotic. I'm getting these medications through my central line. A nurse came to the house to show my parents how to do it. I get to have pressurized balls the size of my Dad's fist connected to IV tubing clipped to my shirt. This is awesome because I'm getting my IV meds while I run around the house. In the hospital I have to stay in my bed. I wonder why the hospital doesn't get such cool stuff... I will have my next blood test on Thursday to see where my counts are and determine how many days I get to stay home. Chances are I will be back in the hospital for Thanksgiving but what a lot I have to be thankful for these days! I should be getting another bone marrow test in the coming weeks that will officially show my cancer has gone into remission. Everything so far has shown that will be the case so I am not worried about it. Thank you so much to my ward family who brought over some special bags that I will take with me to the hospital next time. Mom isn't letting me peek - but I can see some really fun stuff in there!!! Love to all of you and my family!!!

P.S. - I was asked what chemo medications I am taking so I updated my treatment plan. Look for it below.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Go, Jessie, go! What a trooper. I'm so glad that you're not expected to have any long-term effects from the chemo. You and I should compare notes sometime! That's amazing that Down's actually improves your remission and cure prognosis. Hip Hip Hooray :-)

    ReplyDelete


Yep...my parents love me!!

Me and my Daddy

just precious!!

It's okay to bite on this, right??!!

Jessie with her cousin Kyson, playing Doctor :)